I have read, understand and hereby to abide by the following provisions of this permit:
1. Any grading, special ditching, alteration of slopes, or any other disturbances of any portion of the highway right-of-way shall be restored by and at the expense of the applicant, to the condition existing prior to such disturbance and to the satisfaction of the Town of Deerfield board. If the restoration work or any damage caused to the highway right-of-way cannot, or will not, be accomplished voluntarily, the Town of Deerfield my complete the required work at the applicant’s expense.
2. The entire cost of the driveway construction or installation shall be the obligation of the applicant.
3. Culverts, if needed, shall be a minimum of 15” by 24’ and to be approved by the Town Board.
4. Driveway height shall not exceed the level of the road shoulder to the ditch line.
5. The side slope of the driveway shall be equal to, or flatter that, slide slope of the main highway, but shall not be steeper than 2 ½ to 1, unless otherwise designated on an individual basis.
6. No rigid vertical end wall shall be permitted.
7. Driveway spacing distances, as defined in the Driveway Ordinance, Town of Deerfield, 05-5 shall be complied with by the applicant.
8. The applicant shall keep the driveway culvert free of debris and other obstructions in order to provide proper drainage along the highway.
9. Maintenance and upkeep of the driveway shall be the responsibility of the applicant.
10. The applicant, his successors, or assigns, agree to hold harmless the Town of Deerfield and their duly appointed supervisors, agents, and employees, agents and actions for personal injury or property damage sustained by reasons of the issuance or exercise of this permit.
INSPECTION******************************FOR OFFICE USE ONLY*********************************
Culvert Needed: Yes No Modified (explain)___________________________
Culvert Size_______________________ _________________________________________
Type of Access Driveway Number of Access Driveways Width Max./Min.
Commercial and Industrial
Land Uses 2 50 / 24 feet
Residential Land Uses 1 35 / 16 feet
Agricultural Land Uses
On Class A and B
Highways 1 per parcel 50 / 24 feet
Agricultural Land Uses
On Class C Highways No maximum number 50 / 24 feet
Conversion of an access point from one type of use to another shall be treated the same as opening a new access point and must meet the conditions of these 4 regulations.
Design Standards: Driveways to Class A and Class B highways must comply with the design provisions of the access permit issued by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation or the County Highway Department. Driveways to Class C highways must comply with inspection and culvert requirements of the Town of Deerfield, provided they meet the following minimum standards:
Culverts, if needed, must be a minimum of 15 inches.
Driveway height must not exceed the level of the outside edge of the road shoulder.
No end or retaining walls shall be permitted on driveways.
The side slopes of the driveway shall equal or be flatter than the side slope of the main highway but should not be steeper than 2 ½ to 1, unless otherwise designated on an individual basis.
Concrete shall not be used for driveway surface material with in the right of way of all State and County Highway and Township roads.
Permit Fee $50.00 (Non-refundable)
Application for Permit To Make Excavation or Fill of To Install Culvert
Inasmuch as Chapter 86.07(2) of the Statutes states that “No person shall make any excavation or fill or install any culvert…in any highway…without a permit therefore from the highway authority maintaining the highway…”
The undersigned request:
A permit for the purpose of_____________________________________________________________
On Township Road__________________________located ____________miles (north-south-east-west)
of_____________________________junction with____________________in the Town of Deerfield in
Section_______, Town______________in Waushara County.
Approximate starting date____________________ Approximate completion date_________________
APPLICANT SHALL PLACE FLAG OR MARKER IN THE HIGHWAY DITCH VISIBLE FROM THE HIGHWAY AT THE LOCATION OF THE PROPOSED WORK.
A representative of the Deerfield Town Board in company with the applicant will make an investigation and field inspection.
*****************TO BE COMPLETED BY TOWN BOARD REPRESENTATIVE***************************
Type of driveway NCR NCU CR CU Add’l driveway:________If so explain why_________________________________
Number of driveways__________ Proposed land use________________________________________________________________
Side of the road_________Quadrant________
No culvert, state why_________________________________________________________________
Signed: Town Representative_____________________________________________________________________________________
(All fences, trees, shrubs and/or fixtures MUST be off Highway right of way)
Print name clearly___________________________________________________________________________________________
Mail this application to: Town of Deerfield, N3885 7th Drive, Hancock, WI 54943